join the bcc family
Full-Time Preschool Teacher (3-4 Classroom)
The Belmont Community Center is opening an additional preschool classroom and is hiring a full-time Preschool Teacher to lead our classroom for 3-4 year olds. The community center is made up of a small team of dedicated staff and this position would work in collaboration with all full-time and part-time staff in maintaining high quality programming throughout the Belmont Community Center. The Preschool Teacher will work closely with a co-teacher (a teacher in a 4-5 classroom) to provide high quality early childhood education for all. This position will also be in communication with before and after school part-time staff, parents, and directors of the Belmont Community Center as there is much overlap in staff responsibilities and families served.
– Work alongside the 4-5 co-teacher to plan and implement daily activities and program structure in the 3-4 classroom
– Model, encourage, teach, and re-teach students appropriate behaviors and center-wide expectations
– Build relationships with students and families through timely communication, inclusive behaviors, suspended judgment, and a critical understanding of self and others
– Work alongside BCC Executive Director, Assistant Director, and Programs Director in managing and contributing to administrative responsibilities such as: licensing requirements, billing/finances, enrollment records, fundraising, grant-writing, newsletters, etc.
– Assist with daily operations for cleanliness of the building and sanitization of equipment
Required Skills & Abilities
– Timely and communicative; be able to balance teaching alongside center-wide collaboration
– Professional and culturally-inclusive including in written and verbal communication
– Utilize and/or learn a variety of relevant computer programs (GoogleDrive, etc.)
– Ability to read, analyze, and respond in regards to policies, procedures, and emergency situations
– Keep a team-oriented approach to problem solving in order to carry out the mission of the Belmont Community Center; be able to delegate and ask for help as necessary
– Be willing to challenge yourself and others in order to do what’s best for the families and residents of the Belmont neighborhood
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field OR minimum 3 years experience with youth development/early childhood education and program management
Salary and Benefits
Full-time, exempt position starting at $36,000 with $500/month insurance stipend and retirement match. 80 hours of paid time off annually and flex hours in the occurrence of weekend or evening obligations.
To apply for this position send a résumé and a list of three references to:
BCC Executive Director, Emily Koopmann at email@example.com by July 31st, 2022
A cover letter is encouraged, but not required
Belmont Community Center prohibits discrimination against employees, directors, or officers on account of race, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or national origin. In addition, the Belmont Community Center prohibits retaliation/victimization against an employee for complaining about alleged discrimination and/or harassment.